U.S. youth Gozo seals move from Real Salt Lake to Crystal Palace

Premier League side Crystal Palace signed Real Salt Lake's 19-year-old wing-back Zavier Gozo, the club announced on Tuesday.

The contract for the young American will be for five years.

"I'm really looking forward to playing in the Premier League with Crystal Palace. It's the dream of any footballer," Gozo said. "I'm excited by the people and the project they have going on here. I've seen a lot of it, and that's what excites me about this club as well: the success that they've had."

Earlier in August, a source for ESPN reported that the deal between Crystal Palace and Real Salt Lake was anticipated to be in the range of $15 million (£11.1million).

"It is great to welcome such an exciting young talent to Crystal Palace Football Club," club chairman Steve Parish said. "I am looking forward to seeing what Zavier can achieve with us during his time in South London."

A current member of the U.S. youth national team, Gozo is widely seen as one of the more promising academy products from MLS. Across 16 regular season appearances for Real Salt Lake this year, he has totalled six goals and five assists. In July, he also earned minutes in the MLS All-Star Game.

Now with Crystal Palace, Gozo will be led by new manager Pierre Sage, who was hired in June. Sage replaced outgoing manager Oliver Glasner.

Gozo is the second American to be part of this season's Crystal Palace roster and will join fellow countryman Chris Richards, who is entering his fifth season with the club.